The Campus General Purpose Cluster
UCLA Faculty (and their students) who have not contributed cores run compute jobs on the General Purpose Cluster .
The Campus General Purpose Cluster is that part of the Hoffman2 Cluster System provided as a high performance computing resource for the entire UCLA campus and is available to UCLA students and faculty that:
- Run primarily commercial applications and/or user written, discipline specific applications,
- Have low-level or sporadic usage, and
- Require a specific application, compiler, or visualization tool available only on the General Purpose or Applications Clusters.
Because resources in the General Purpose Cluster are limited there are restrictions on the jobs that can be run:
- The maximum run time for a job is 24 hours. Jobs running longer than 24 hours will be killed by the scheduler
- Jobs are limited to a maximum of 128 cores. Jobs requesting greate than 128 cores will not schedule