We currently offer the following compute node configuration:
- Compute node with 2 x 18-core Intel Xeon Gold 6240 processors (24.75MB cache, 2.3 GHz), 192GB memory, EDR InfiniBand, and local SSD storage. The cost is approximately $9,346.24.
Your purchase includes:
- Five years warranty and support on the equipment
- Full access to your cores through the Hoffman2 shared cluster queuing system
- Administration of the group and users of your compute resources
- Complete support of the hardware and the operating system
- Connection to the cluster’s InfiniBand fabric
- Access to IDRE RTG consultation services
- Membership in the Hoffman2 Users Group (HUG)
- Access to the software and compilers available on the cluster
To order compute nodes, or ask questions about node or storage purchases, please send an e-mail through our Hoffman2 ticketing system. If you are interested in purchasing additional memory or cores, larger drives/SSDs, or GPUs, IDRE RTG technologists can work with you directly to discuss options.
Additional information and the usage policy for the Hoffman2 Shared Cluster is available at https://idre.ucla.edu/resources/hpc/hoffman2-cluster. For information on creating accounts and submitting jobs, the Hoffman2 Cluster User Guide is available at https://www.hoffman2.idre.ucla.edu/.
Effective July 1, 2020, the cost for one terabyte of HPC storage for a period of one year is $174.14.
This rate includes backups, the physical storage space, the infrastructure to support it, administration of the users of your storage space, hardware and software upgrades, and problem fixes. This rate will remain in effect until renewed through the campus. Note that if you are using federal funds these charges will incur facilities and administrative (F&A) costs (56% as of July 1, 2018 and until amended; see http://ora.research.ucla.edu/OCGA/Pages/Standard-Instit-Info/facilities-and-administrative.aspx) as they are considered a service and not equipment. For more information on this service see: https://idre.ucla.edu/resources/shared-storage/hpc-storage
If your previous storage purchase did not include backups, nothing has changed. No backups will be done on your data until you renew your allocation or you specifically ask for this service. Although we have made every effort possible to ensure reliability and fault-tolerance of our storage systems there is no guarantee that you will not lose your data.
To purchase HPC storage, please go to store.idre.ucla.edu