We currently offer the following compute node configuration:
- Compute node with 2 x 18-core Intel Xeon Gold 6140 processors (24.75MB cache, 2.3 GHz), 192GB memory, FDR InfiniBand, and local SSD storage. The cost as of October 2018 is approximately $8,770.
Your purchase includes:
- Five years warranty and support on the equipment
- Full access to your cores through the Hoffman2 shared cluster queuing system
- Administration of the group and users of your compute resources
- Complete support of the hardware and the operating system
- Connection to the cluster’s InfiniBand fabric
- Access to IDRE RTG consultation services
- Membership in the Hoffman2 Users Group (HUG)
- Access to the software and compilers available on the cluster
To order compute nodes, or ask questions about node or storage purchases, please send an e-mail through our Hoffman2 ticketing system. If you are interested in purchasing additional memory or cores, larger drives/SSDs, or GPUs, IDRE RTG technologists can work with you directly to discuss options.
Additional information and the usage policy for the Hoffman2 Shared Cluster is available at https://idre.ucla.edu/resources/hpc/hoffman2-cluster. For information on creating accounts and submitting jobs, the Hoffman2 Cluster User Guide is available at https://www.hoffman2.idre.ucla.edu/.
Effective May 3, 2018, the cost for one terabyte of HPC storage for a period of one year is $185.32.
This rate includes backups, the physical storage space, the infrastructure to support it, administration of the users of your storage space, hardware and software upgrades, and problem fixes. This rate will remain in effect until renewed through the campus. Note that if you are using federal funds these charges will incur facilities and administrative (F&A) costs (55% through June 30, 2018, and increasing to 56% as of July 1, 2018; see http://ora.research.ucla.edu/OCGA/Pages/Standard-Instit-Info/facilities-and-administrative.aspx) as they are considered a service and not equipment. For more information on this service see: https://idre.ucla.edu/resources/shared-storage/hpc-storage
If your previous storage purchase did not include backups, nothing has changed. No backups will be done on your data until you renew your allocation or you specifically ask for this service. Although we have made every effort possible to ensure reliability and fault-tolerance of our storage systems there is no guarantee that you will not lose your data.
To purchase HPC storage, please go to store.idre.ucla.edu
Cloud Archival Storage Service (CASS)
- Storage is sold in units of a terabyte (TB*) for a period of one year.
- Rates are per terabyte (TB*) / per year.
- The effective volume/period rate is determined per transaction.
– The rate is determined by the amount of storage added to an allocation.
– A transaction can be prorated so that renewals capture total allocations and, potentially, a lower rate.
- Rates are current as of December 1, 2015 and are subject to change without notice.
- Using federal funds will incur overhead (currently 54%) as CASS is considered a service. See: Current UC Overhead Rates.
- CASS is currently available only to University of California (UC) entities.
- To discuss your needs and how CASS might be able to help you, have questions or order storage please contact Scott Friedman at email@example.com (preferred) or 310-825-8607 or through our support site: https://support.idre.ucla.edu
To determine the cost for your desired storage allocation, find the row containing the total amount of storage being added. Then follow across to the ‘Price per TB’ column. Multiply that rate times the total number of terabytes being added.
Example: Adding 20TB for 1 Year. $131.66/TB/Yr x 20TB = $2,633.20
|Quantity||Price per TB for 1 Year*|
|1 – 7 TB||$156.74|
|8 – 15 TB||$137.93|
|16 – 31 TB||$131.66|
|32 – 63 TB||$128.53|
* 1TB = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes