- XSEDE Computing Resources
- Frontera Petascale Computing Resource Applications
- DOE Programs
- Other Centers
UCLA-IDRE is part of the XSEDE Campus Champion Program. The XSEDE Campus Champion, your local source of knowledge about national high performance computing opportunities and resources, can assist in the following ways:
- Provide you with information about high performance computing resources available to researchers and educators, including resources available from XSEDE
- Assist you to quickly get access to allocations of high performance computing resources
- Facilitate awareness and training workshops for you about the use of high performance computing resources and services
- Provide you with contacts within the high performance computing community for quick problem resolution
- Provide you with timely information on new resources, services, and offerings
To learn more about available XSEDE high performance computing opportunities, contact Dr. Tajendra V. Singh, UCLA’s XSEDE Campus Champion.
|XSEDE Startup and education allocations||
|XSEDE Research allocations||
For more information: https://www.xsede.org/allocations
In 2018, the National Science Foundation (NSF) awarded a $60 million grant to the Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC) to deploy a new petascale computing system, Frontera. Frontera opens up new possibilities in science and engineering by providing computational capability that makes it possible for investigators to tackle much larger and more complex research challenges across a wide spectrum of domains.
|Frontera (four allocation paths available)||
DOE centers NERSC, ALCC, and INCITE provide computing resources that researchers can apply to access.
|NASA High-End Computing Capability (HECC) Project||