IDRE’s Research Technology Group (RTG) is comprised of a talented core of scientists, scholars, and post-doctoral researchers with areas of specialization and expertise that align with one of the five IDRE programs. RTG technologists are available for consultation in the following areas:
• High-performance computing
• Multiprocessor/multicore/GPU programming
• Efficient algorithms for scientific computing
• Code optimization for using the HPC resources and code clinics
• Scaling and analysis of parallel codes
• Optimization of serial codes
• Efficient serial and/or parallel algorithms use
• Parallelization or porting on different platforms
• Scientific visualization with large datasets
• Grid/cloud computing
• Statistical computing
• Three-dimensional modeling
IDRE’s unique computational capability includes High Performance Computing resources and expertise, Grid and Cloud Access Services, Cluster Services, the Grid Portal, and UCLA’s data center system.
IDRE’s cloud and virtual computing research and development work is mainly focused on Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Storage as a Service (SaaS). These services provide users with the ability to provision processing, storage, networks, and other fundamental computing resources to deploy and run arbitrary software, which can include operating systems and applications and the ability to create storage space on demand.