List of technologically infused, interdisciplinary research centers on campus …
- UCLA Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) is an academic-community partnership to accelerate scientific discoveries and clinical breakthroughs to improve health and health care in Los Angeles, the most populous county, and among the most diverse, in the United States. Its mission is to create a borderless clinical and translational research institute that brings UCLA resources and innovations to bear on the greatest health needs of Los Angeles.
- The Center for Domain Specific Computing is working to develop a general methodology for creating novel customizable architecture platforms and the associated compilation tools and runtime management environment to support domain-specific computing. Project results will a achieve orders-of-magnitude computing efficiency improvement for applications in a specific domain; and demonstrate that such improvement can be obtained with little or no impact on design productivity, so that it can be deployed in a wide range of application domains.
- The Center for Digital Humanities (CDH) seeks to advance the research, teaching, and public service mission of the Humanities Division through the use of computing technology and new media. CDH coordinates and supports faculty research and teaching projects that employ these technologies by helping focus such projects, locating personnel and funding, discovering partners both inside and outside the university, and managing the projects over time.
- The Experiential Technologies Center (ETC) promotes the use of new technologies for experiential research in diverse disciplines including architecture, the performing arts, classics, archaeology, foreign language studies, and education.
- The Institute for Social Science Research (ISSR) promotes interdisciplinary research on a broad spectrum of contemporary sociological, psychological, political, and economic problems and community issues. The Institute directly administers interdisciplinary research centers and programs, most of which sponsor conferences and working paper series. In addition, ISSR serves as home to a large archived collection of social science data.