- This event has passed.
SAS Macro Language 1: Essentials
October 15, 2018 - October 16, 2018
2-Day workshop, 9:00am – 5:00pm daily
This course focuses on the components of the SAS macro facility and how to design, write, and debug macro systems. Emphasis is placed on understanding how programs with macro code are processed. Learn how to perform text substitution in SAS code, automate and customize the production of SAS code, conditionally or iteratively construct SAS code and use macro variables and macro functions. This course can help prepare you for the following certification exams: SAS Advanced Programming for SAS 9, SAS Certified Clinical Trials Programmer Using SAS 9.
Before attending this course, you should have either completed the SAS Programming 2: Data Manipulation Techniques course or have equivalent knowledge. Specifically, you should be able to:
- Use a DATA step to read from or write to a SAS data set or external file
- Use DATA step programming statements such as IF-THEN/ELSE, DO WHILE, DO UNTIL, and iterative DO
- Use SAS data set options such as DROP=, KEEP=, and OBS=
- Use character functions such as SUBSTR, SCAN, INDEX, and UPCASE
- Form subsets of data using the WHERE clause
- Create and use SAS date values and constants
- Use SAS procedures such as SORT, PRINT, CONTENTS, MEANS, FREQ, TABULATE, and CHART.
Note: This event is open to current University of California affiliates.
For registration and more information, please visit the IDRE Stats Seminars page.