- This event has passed.
Advanced Computing and Data Analytics using Comet
November 8, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
Link to the presentation slides: https://github.com/sdsc-scicomp/2019-11-08-comet-workshop-ucla
- 9:00 AM – 9:10 AM: Welcome
- 9:10 AM – 10:10 AM: Introduction to SDSC Resources – Current and Future
- Comet, hardware overview
- Software, stack, queues, etc
- Overview of upcoming Expanse system
- 10:10 AM – 10:20 AM: Short break
- 10:20 AM -12:00 PM: Python for High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Use of Jupyter notebooks on Comet
- Scaling using IPython parallel
- Using Numba to run pure python codes on GPUs
- Distributed parallel computing using Dask
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM: Lunch (provided)
- 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM: Introduction to Machine Learning and Deep Learning on Comet
- Overview of machine learning / deep learning tools available on Comet.
- Examples using R, Python, and Keras with TensorFlow.
- 2:30 PM – 2:40 PM: Short break
- 2:40 PM – 4:00 PM: Containers for Scientific and High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Introduction to Containers – advantages and limitations
- Overview of containers on HPC systems
- Singularity Essentials
- Hands-on examples showing usage of containers – CPU, GPU, and MPI cases
- Hands-on example showing the import of Docker container
- Info on building images
- 4:00 PM: Adjourn
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.